Redundancy Calculator

Age at Dismissal Completed Full Years of Service Weekly Pay Calculate
Statutory Maximum Weekly Pay Limit No of Weeks Pay Due is Statutory Value is

This redundancy calculator is a facility which calculates the amount of UK Statutory Redundancy Pay due to an employee on dismissal. Select Age at Dismissal, and enter Years of Service and Weekly Pay. Then click "CALCULATE" to show the entitlement according to the statutory calculation.

Elements used in the redundancy pay calculator :  Age is in full years and Years of Service are full completed years. You must have completed at least two full years of service to be entitled to statutory redundancy pay, and the calculation is based on a maximum of twenty years service. If the Weekly Pay is greater than £464 (from 6th April 2014) then the calculated amount will be limited to a figure based on a statutory maximum for weekly pay of £464 (Prior to 6th April 2014 the previous limit was £450). The calculated amount is based on a formula involving these elements of age, service and pay, as laid down by the UK government. Although age is a factor, upper and lower age limits were removed in 2006 for compatibility with age discrimination legislation.

Note : The statutory maximum weekly pay rises to £475 from £464 with effect from 6th April 2015. From that date the default maximum in this calculator will change accordingly. You can alter the figure prior to that date in the calculator if the date of termination for your calculation is after that date.

The calculation of the redundancy pay entitlement is performed in line with the rules laid down by the UK Government's rules set out at

PLEASE NOTE : The information on this site is provided as-is as a focus for resources concerning redundancy issues. The statutory redundancy pay calculator is designed as a quick way to check entitlement to statutory payment in line with British legislation. We cannot provide any legal or advisory information on specific cases, so please DO NOT contact us for such advice. If you require further assistance with your own circumstances then you should take professional advice from an appropriate source such as an Employment Lawyer, Trade Union, Citizens Advice Bureau or other agency competent to provide such assistance.